cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is internet bad

virgimediauser
Just joined

i get crappy ping and lag spikes when on my pc, really unaceptable. bought a wifi range extender which helped a little but why is your wifi bad in the place you say you can get 5g. using you wifi makes me want to kill myself.

1 REPLY 1

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

The wireless capability of VM hubs is mediocre, and can be resolved by buying a decent router or mesh.  However, severe lag spikes are more commonly caused by power or noise problems on the cable connection, so before going any further, I suggest you do as follows:

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.