Menu
Highlighted
rayhy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

what is virgin's policy when through the mistake of an engineer we are without internet access 1.5 days?

Because an engineer made a mistake when re-arranging wires in a local junction box, we were without internet access for 1.5 days.  What is Virgin policy on making refunds?  (We didn't get one, but I think we should have done)

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: what is virgin's policy when through the mistake of an engineer we are without internet access 1.5 da

You get 1 days loss of service if you have no internet for 1.5days regardless who is to blame, so if you pay £30 for internet you can call up to get £1 refund

0 Kudos
Tudor
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is virgin's policy when through the mistake of an engineer we are without internet access 1.5 da

Letters can certainly go astray in the post. My letter informing me of the price increase was not dated at all, so I had no idea of when it was actually sent!

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Tudor wrote:

Letters can certainly go astray in the post. My letter informing me of the price increase was not dated at all, so I had no idea of when it was actually sent!

Not sure you read the OPs post ;P...

He's saying a tech for someone else decided to disconnect him.  Is he due compensation.

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/loss-of-credit-guidelines.html
Loss of Service Credit Guidelines - Fibre Optic Where you experience a loss of service due to a fault, we will apply a pro-rate credit for loss of service from the day you report the fault(s) on the product(s) until the day it is resolved, subject to the fault being accepted/verified by Virgin Media.
The pro-rate credit will be calculated by taking the monthly service charge for the product(s) dividing it by 30 and multiplying it by the number of days of loss of service for the product(s).
Remember, your services are for residential use only and you must not use them for commercial or business purposes. Virgin Media will not compensate you for any business losses.

I kinda doubt it's worth the effort to complain.  There was previously a clause that gave them a short grace for loss of service, but that's not listed.  They probably don't have to adhere to it anyhow, Most people have Cable service, not Fibre Optic Smiley Tongue....

As a bit of good faith due to it being their mistake, I would hope for at least £5.  Go through Complaints, or the "Thinking of Leaving us" option.  Be kind and just say you were upset about them cutting your service off by mistake and wouldn't they be willing to make some form of goodwill gesture.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.