Menu
kushmonster
Joining in
Message 11 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: websites being rerouted through various countries

Hi Megan, Ive tried different browsers, still same result. When I tether to my phone, everythings works as it should.
0 Kudos
kushmonster
Joining in
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Ive done this already and everything checks out fine.
0 Kudos
kushmonster
Joining in
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Having spoken to tech support, the scond guy was much more helpful than the first, who just said i should contact BBC, ITV, Channel4, Channel 5 and ask them what the problem is!? Second guy said wait a few days while the IP address is dynamically updated and all should be fine. This was Saturday gone and still same problem.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

The second guy might well have sounded much more helpful but was actually completely incorrect. Although technically VM IP addresses are dynamic, they do tend to be very sticky and you'll find you get the same address re-assigned to you for months if not years.

Now as to why a VM tech support person wouldn't be aware of this - well I couldn't possibly comment!

The 'unhelpful' first guy was correct, this is an issue at BBC etc, whatever list of addresses or methods of detecting VPNs they are using to determine if you are in the UK is wrong and only hey can fix it.

0 Kudos
loonytoon1982
Tuning in
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Here we are, the answer:

"Hello Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch with BBC iPlayer support team

We raised your fault with our digital operations team and they have came back with the following:

"Our GeoIP provider has updated this IP range. To set user expectations though, due to the release/update process for this, it’ll likely be mid-next week before the user sees this update/can access iPlayer."

Hopefully this helps and thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Jordan Moreland"

I assume that this has affected any system that uses the same provider. So will sort itself out in the meantime like mine has.

0 Kudos
kushmonster
Joining in
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator

loonytune, any joy yet?

0 Kudos
loonytoon1982
Tuning in
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Aye, mine has been fine since Monday. I got the response above from the BBC after it had sorted itself out.

I noticed by looking at the BBC website on my phone, it offered iPlayer again so that was my clue that it was sorted.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I'm having this same problem but just with All 4.

I've been trying to access Channel 4 programmes on catchup via the Channel 4 website.

I just get the following error:
"Not Available. All 4 is only available in the UK."

I am in the UK using my fixed broadband (supplied by Virgin Media) which gives me a UK IP address - 82.47.246.XXX (I've looked it up and it is definitely showing as UK).

Any ideas ? - I've tried a few different web browsers with the same result.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

try with the hub in modem mode.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but the hub is already in modem mode 😞

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos