cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin media hub 5 and virgin wifi extender pods

Juju17
Joining in

Hi

I got virgin 1Gb internet with hub 5 when i saw the advertising about the wifi guarantee. I got the internet over a month ago and was advised that at the time that the pods would be sent within 14 days but nothing came. I have spoken to virgin media technical support that advise me that the virgin media wifi extender pods dont support hub 5 and they have no alternatives. wth. why are they advertising on this package that they do when they wont have the hardware. anyone else experience this? ive taken screenshots and intend to send to trading standards. 

11 REPLIES 11

Client62
Legend

Hub 5 does work with VM's WiFi Pods.

How comes technical support put me on hold for 15 mins to say they didnt, thats what i had read as well. Could admin contact me because vm are taking me to breaking point with its technical and customer services

We avoided all extra VM network kit.

It far easier to manage your own equipment.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The official router is to use the VM Connect app to identify any black spots and if found, allow you to order one Pod in the first instance.

If this doesn't work, then just wait here a few days for a VM Mod to pick this up and discuss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Juju17,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the incorrect advice given and the experience you've had with us when contacting our team. As mentioned by Adduxi, it is recommended to run a Homescan on your property using our Connect App. If any issues are identified with your home network, or a blackspot is found, you will be given the option to order a Wi-Fi Pod, which is delivered within 5 working days.

I've taken a look on our side, and can't see any attempt at doing this, so please give this a try and let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi

the app has never worked thats why i have been calling technical services. I had multiple extenders from sky and advised when i took out the internet.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Juju17, thanks for explaining more.

Sorry to hear the Connect App has never worked, can you tell us what's the error on the App when trying to run the diagnostics, please?

Have you ensured you're on the latest version of the App or tried to uninstall and re-install it to see if this helps?

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It just says cant not connect after trying for a while. The software is upto date

Thanks for updating us Juju17,

Can you confirm if you've tried the app on a different device? Can you send a screenshot of the error you're getting?

Alex_Rm