Menu
Highlighted
Myco
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

virgin internet but no internet

hi there, got a problem with virgin media super hub, connection keeps disconnecting.  The VM router works fine until it wants to.  The route disconnects at least 2 to 4 times a day.When i call up to virgin using VM 150 free call following their phones menu its just gets an auto message saying the same message everytime that they are working hard to solve your matter but i cant get to a real person to talk to.

i've tried the usual's, reset the router, switched it off for 10 secs and then switch it back and see what happens - nothing, then about an hour later theres internet.

The disconnection sometimes even my home landline don't work, no tone from the phone.

A week ago a lady called up to offer us a royalty customer upgrade to 200mb i just told her internet not even reliable so whats the use, the promoter on the phone didnt asked if i need to speak to another assistant for my internet problem  : /

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin internet but no internet

Hi Myco

Thanks for messaging us today, what speeds are you getting on the speed test? How many devices are connected? Have you tried a pin hole reset to see if anything changes? 

Kind regards

Chris. 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin internet but no internet

Setup a BQM and allow pings to the hub and don't reboot your hub (but do the reset above first)
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

0 Kudos