Menu
xl3ombz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

using TP link powerline adapters with hub 3

Hi getting hub 3 installed downstairs in the living room this monday, but my playstation is upstairs in my room so im going to be using tp links wired powerline adapters so i can get a direct connection to the hub from my ps4. But i dont know if TP links powerline adapters will work with virgins hub 3 so can someone teell me if i will need to purchase virgins powerline adapters or can i use my tp link adapters

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: using TP link powerline adapters with hub 3

You can use the TP Link adapters
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello xl3ombz

Thanks for posting on the forum. As BenMcr has alluded to TP Link adapters should work with the Hub 3 and your PS4, Do you currently use thee adapters with the PS4?

If there are any issues the technical support we could provide in regards to the adapters would be limited, but as you have probably noticed, there are a lot very tech savvy individuals supporting this forum who would be able to assist with this.

Rob

0 Kudos
xl3ombz
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i tried using them but when i use them i recieve really high ping and packet loss in call of duty and fortnite my router is downstairs and  i am 1 floor above in my room and wireless works better for me rather then using powerline, when using wifi my ping ranges between 9-60 but get packet loss rarely.

had my hub 3 installed last week 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi xl3ombz,

The hub 3 will work with TP links powerline adapters, although we aren't able to diagnose or troubleshoot them. Are you able to maintain a WIFI connection with out the adaptors?

Thanks.

0 Kudos