cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded broadband but getting less that 200mps

Axon123
Joining in

I upgraded to 1gb got new router but only getting between 147mbs to 258mbs and my cctv camera cant connect to it where as it did perfectly before the upgrade.

cant find any way to contact virgin media at all.

no live chat button 

no link to whatsapp

and calls take that long to get through my mobile cuts it off at the 2hour mark 

13 REPLIES 13

"Away from baby monitors and cordless phones"

I find this hilarious since you are forced to plug phones into the hub now.

Axon are the cameras able to see your wifi connection at all, also are they 2.4 only or both 2.4 and 5ghz friendly.

If they are fixed at 2.4 if you have the channels in smart mode where you have one SSID for both channels you could try splitting them up by renaming the 2.4 channel something different. Sometimes 2.4 systems throw a tantrum.

Also to the forum team I swear to god someone needs to disable that stupid survey popup before I get in trouble.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@alphaomega16 wrote:
Also to the forum team I swear to god someone needs to disable that stupid survey popup before I get in trouble.

Hi @alphaomega16 

Try clearing your cache/cookies etc, then click the 'No Thanks' button again the next time it comes up and see if that helps.

You could also try the advice  from @goslow  in the following post to disable the survey pop ups.

Forum-Archive/Virgin-Survey-Pop-up 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

My camera is not picking it up at all,  it is only 2.4ghz was working fine till I got new router for the better speeds now nothing it's doing my head in , this house always been bad but no this bad, VM said back in July they would send a pod and only now is someone doing something about it 

Check the wifi channels, if they are not separated try separating them til you get your pod.