cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown devices on my network

TheFelange
Tuning in

Ok bit of a strange one...

I have a Hub 4 and i keep getting notifications that there is suspicious activity on my WiFi. I've changed the password for the network from default twice and its still happening. The strange bit comes in when I look at connected devices there are wired devices that I just dont own.all the devicesall the devicesThe TiVo I do own and it is wired t my Hub 4, the only other device that is wired is my PS4.

The other strange thing is that I get alerts on my S10 that devices are casting on my network...but they arent because i dont own them. After a bit of sleuthing on my s10 in the Google home app i found the peoples names that are using the google home devices and they live nowhere near me. Screenshot_20200930-231219.jpgInkedScreenshot_20201014-035949_Home_LI.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix this issue because im stumped, ive changed paswords etc and its still happening after password changes. It usually only happens later on at night but it sometimes happens during the day too and when it does our internet gets really really slow.

Thanks in advance 

TheFelange

26 REPLIES 26

Use the Mac filter then reboot the Hub.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

i get what your saying but all of the names of the devices matched up surname kids name husbands name ( i know these names because that is what some of the devices show up as on my phone on the google home app)

OK, well, that aside, remove the powerline booster and see what happens going forwards.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

ok that seems to have worked, I just dont understand how that can happen with a powerline adapter, so strange...

thanks for all your help, i'll keep an eye on it and see if the magical wired devices ever return.

Maybe the Power Line Adaptors have a memory; where did you get them from ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Brand new via VM

Because they use your mains electrical circuit and you can get "overlap" from a neighbouring property, especially if they are using powerline plugs as well.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi