cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to phone vm

trev23
On our wavelength

OK network stopped working, so phoned 156 on virgin phone 1st question they ask what is your four digit pin, well never had one and never been ask for this in the past, so can not advance any more.

I only have vm broadband and phone, so how do I check connection status.

By the way it did come back on after 10mins  but I would like to know where this pin is they are asking for for future reference in case I have to phone for any thing else.

any help would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

trev23
On our wavelength
Many thaks for the info

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I had to call a couple of times this month.

On both occasions I dialled 150 (not 156?) pressed a couple of buttons to get to "landline phone faults" and then pressed buttons no more - after 3 cycles it said to input 3 characters from my memorable word or number from the pin ..... both times I just used the same VM password I use to log on to my online account and put those 3 characters in and it then went straight through to connect to a friendly agent who sorted the issue. Have you tried that route?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @trev23 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you had a short network issue and couldn't get through to speak to us. Glad to hear that this was only a short time and that service resumed after 10minutes. Please do let us know if you have any further issues at all. 

Our contact number is 150 here in the UK from your Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from and other line. 

The only 156 number that I am aware of is for Virgin Mobile in Kuwait and so would not be a valid number for us here in the UK. For your UK media account, you'll have a memorable word that we will ask 3 random characters from to pass any needed account security over the phone. 

If you ever do need to change your memorable word at all, this can be don via your online account by going through Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley