cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to bridge of the superhub 3 with another router

yanbo
Tuning in

im trying to connect to the superhub 3 with another tplink router which i have in bridge mode.It says thats it connected but no internet but i do have great signal level as the tplink is connected to a external antenna at the the end of my garden which is situated at my garage.

just wanted to know does the superhub 3 not like anything bridging wirelessly of it

13 REPLIES 13

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi yanbo,

Thank you for your post. 

Can I just confirm are you putting the hub 3 into modem mode and using the tplink for a wireless connection?

^Martin

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From you post I presume you are trying to use the Tplink router as a WiFi bridge from the VM hub. Most home routers are not designed to do this. You do not say what model you are using so I cannot check its manual. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

You are trying to use the TP-LInk as a wireless access point, so the hub must remain in router mode. Log into the TP-LInk and set its IP address to be in the same IP segment as the hub's, make it something like 192.168.0.8. Check that the TP-LInk's DHCP server is disabled. Connect the TP-LInk by any of its LAN ports to any of the hub's LAN ports. Reboot the TP-LInk and you should have internet from it.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

thanks for the replies folks !

yes the superhub 3 is in router mode , i have set it in modem mode before and using a tplink router along side it which i had no problem connecting to from the end of the garden with a tplink wireless antenna with a second tplink router which i run in bridge mode

what i have done is just to have the superhub in router mode so i cut down on the cables but now it seems like it doesnt seem to like picking up the internet to the tplink router (which is at the end of the garden ) from the superhub but says it connected so im baffled .

Hi.

Please can you explain in a easier way so I can understand.  I've got a tplink wireless router N900.

Thank you for your help 

Bring the TP-Link next to the hub and get it working, so any problem you have at the end of the garden is likely to be with the Ethernet cabling.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Explain what in an easier way to achieve what?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

to connect a tp link n900 router to hub 3.0 as I want to use the n900 wireless in anoher room. The Hub 3.0 is not in modem 

You need to connect it via a cable and turn off anything that may conflict with the hub in router mode e.g. DHCP, firewall, NAT etc. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi