cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this site cant be reached

labtec2000
Joining in

Hello everyone, here goes....tried everything to access eurocarparts site but nothing works, even spent 1hr 30 mins onto virgin through customer service then eventually technical. works fine on my 02 data via mobile but cant access on wifi through tablet, mobile or laptop. i was advised to trun off websafe, that didnt work, he suggested putting a pin in the back of the router for 30-40 secs to return hub back to default, that didnt work either. this is my first post, i'm a newbie

22 REPLIES 22

Hi Serena, i have cleared all my cache and cookies i've even cleared all the issues in registry using c cleaner. I will be honest with you...i am not confident changing dns settings on my laptop.Even if i did manage to access the site after changing settings on my laptop how on earth would i be able to access this site via my mobile or my tablet? I think virgin media technical should be sorting this issue.

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@labtec2000 Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As mentioned by other members of the community, the issue is that the site can't be reached. Can you try changing the DNS setting on one device and see if that resolves the issue labtec2000?

Let us know how you get on.

Rob

yes that is the correct address as shown on your post. I have tried incognito/private browsing and it doesnt work either.

Hello

Have you managed to fix this issue?

I have the same issue, I'm unable to access some cisco sites, for example - https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/

Spent more than 10 hours with VM support (Gadget rescue and server support) they are unable to find it or I would say they have no clue what is going on.

If I use a free vpn (Avira free VPN) then it changes my IP and can access the site.

it is definitely VM but the tech guys unable to fix or see it. simply ignore you

I'm thinking of leaving virgin media as I;m unable to work 

thanks

Hi shasoft007,

Thanks for coming back to us. We do apologise that this issue is ongoing for you. We can see from other post that you have tried a several of suggestions from other users and members and you're still experiencing the same issue.

The only other option is to check with our internet security team for you to see why some of these sites are un-accessible. 

I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi. I have also recently ugraded my Virgin package which includes the upgraded Hub 5. Since installing I am consistently incurring "This site can't be reached message" which can eventually be resolved by refreshing the page approx 30 seconds later. Clearing the cache etc is not resolving.

I have spoken to VM tech support and assure me this is a computer problem and not the new hub, wanting £5 extra each month (tech support) to help resolve.

I have now discovered this problem goes away when I hotspot from my phone, so can only conclude this must be a problem associated with the new Hub 5. VM - Please start owning this problem and help everyone resolve.

Client62
Legend

Does this clear if you Restart your computer using : Shut down or sign out >>> Restart

Chegster
Joining in

Restart doesn't resolve. Lenovo laptop is covered by their technical support and the problem is also having them puzzled.

Hi @Chegster thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues since changing to the hub 5.  Can you confirm if you're having the issue with all devices?  Or is this your laptop only?

Regards

Lee_R