cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teams Video calls dropping out

Raymfc
Joining in

Hi 

I’m a new virgin media user with a hub4.  I have in average 80m upload but using video on teams is shocking.  Voice only ok but add in video and it drops or really poor quality 

hub is located in same place as sky router and didn’t have these issues.  

help! 

Ray 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you connect the device running Teams to the Hub directly on a Cat5e/6 etherenet cable - that should sort it.

If it does - best thing to do is to make that a permanent connection. If not possible then you need to improve the wifi. Several options for doing that,.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Changed the frequency to 2.4ghz and it seems to have worked 

Hi @Raymfc,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear of the issues you've been facing with your connection using Teams recently, but I'm glad to hear that you've now been able to resolve it. Let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!