cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

superhub upgrade

Whirlybird1
Tuning in

hi I have been having problems with my wifi on superhub 2 so rang virgin they did a test and said if it wasnt any better after 24hrs contact them which after several 1 hour waits talked to someone about an upgrade to the superhub 3 told they could not do that and gave me a 03330005925 number which turned out to be a utility only number I am lost as to what to do and am seriously thinking of leaving them after over 20 years can anyone help please ?

14 REPLIES 14

@Whirlybird1 wrote:

hi the engineer came out and fixed the problem he also said that a wifi booster might help for downstairs and said it was free for just to have one.

so rang up to be told it would be £5 per month is this right or wrong thank you.

john

Depends on the package you are on.

If they are free then by all means try them - if you need to pay the monthly rental for them, then that's not financially viable and you'd do better getting your own equipment you would outright own.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

thanks yes i am on the 100mb so they told me it would be £5 PER MONTH agree i would be better getting my own but I think for a customer thats been with them well over 20 years its unfair 👍cheers.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Whirlybird1

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm glad to hear the engineer has fixed the issue with your SuperHub. Thanks for letting us know 🙂 If you’re a Volt or Gig1 customer, Intelligent WiFi Pods are included with your package - otherwise the Intelligent WiFi Pod costs £5 per month. For more details, please visit https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-existing-customer

Kind regards,

Serena

@Whirlybird1 wrote:

thanks yes i am on the 100mb so they told me it would be £5 PER MONTH agree i would be better getting my own but I think for a customer thats been with them well over 20 years its unfair 👍cheers.

Why is it unfair? How long you've been a customer is irrelevant. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

IRRELEVANT  that is todays thinking custom does not matter any more like it used to sad world.

and to get to this point i have made several 1 hour cut off phone calls.🤐