cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

superhub crap 4.0

Deadzio
Tuning in

boy oh boy i wish i did not switch to this pile of crap. I been using SB 3.0 for few years and never had issues with it. 4.0 came in...wish it never arrive. I have 1gb package...coming home and noticed my netflix buffer like crazy...speed test 26mbit only. Reset and back to normal...but wait...something is wrong...my wifi signal seperated to two ssid's is gone. I have seperate ssid for 2.4 and 5ghz. Had to restet it manualy. Next day...coming back home..random speed test 26mbit...same story as above. Come back home tonight and random speed test 64mbit, reset back to normal...wifi ssid's settings gone again WTH

5 REPLIES 5

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

resetting the hub sets it back to default so the ssid's will be the same - thats the default setting

to look at the speeds

log into hub3/4 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

how are you testing - always test wired also run a samknows test

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I test on multiple devices, but rebooting router solves the problem. Never had such issues with hub 3.0 when i said resetting i meant rebooting. I have port forwading set up done and thats stay the same after rebooting. Ssids not.

I am not newbie etc. I know how to manage network etc..but since hub4 it's just constant issues with sudden drops in speed wired or not.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Best use the hub in modem mode and get your own router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Probably that is the best solution, but it will not solve drops in speed 🤷🏼‍♂️ because it's not the wifi/cable issue but hub 4.0 pr VM

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Deadzio, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues since installing the Hub 4, this is not what we would want to happen.

I have taken a look at the service from our side and in doing so, I have identified and issue with the with the signal and service levels. 

With that being the case, I will need to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details and potentially raise a request for a technician visit. 

I will pop you over a message now and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat