cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

superhub 3

footinfront
Joining in

hello all just a quick question. i had a visit from a engineer last week to correct my connection issues, all went well for a couple days. now my wifi connection seems to be playing up. i seem to get wifi connection one minute then it drops out. i phoned vm tech, and after explaining my problem i got a call from a engineer and he told me that my hub has not got any connection issues ( no drop outs) also he asked what i connect to my network. after i explained that i connect 2 phones / 3 sonos speakers / sky q box / 2 tp link and a alexa he told me that i am connecting to many items to the network. also that sky q box should not connect to virgin?? . now my question is can the hub report all status ok, but not send out a wifi signal? or send out a intermitant wifi signal? hope someone understands all this. many thx.

18 REPLIES 18

nothing being worked on around my area as far as i know. Thanks

Hi @footinfront

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Sorry to hear about your issue, how has your connection been over the weekend? Have you noticed any improvement?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hello travis. sorry about the delay in my reply, i have now stripped my hub back to basics ( no other connections ) and latency seemed to get low, i am now in the process of trying to rule out tp link powerline and tp link wifi extender and my dvr box ( cctv )  i have spoken to pc world about tp link but its got to be trial and error to figure out which item is giving me the high latency results. hope i can sort it out soon. if i get no joy i will have to ask for the hub to be replaced, had it for years. i shall post my results a.s.a.p. thanks

Hi @footinfront,

Thank you for coming back to us.

I've ran some checks on our systems and haven't been able to identify any issues with your broadband.

If it's just WiFi you are having problems with these tips may help - WiFi not working and How to Improve WiFi 

I'd also recommend downloading our Connect app if you haven't already. When installed, you can do a wireless scan in the property. This scan will optimise the connection where possible to do so. It'll also check for any coverage blackspots in the property and if a WiFi Pod is needed, you'll be prompted to order one.

Let us know how you get on so we can offer further support if needed.

All the best 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

i have no problem with wifi at my address. my problem has been high latency. i have discarded the tp wifi extender causing the latency because i connected another laptop to the extender with very little latency showing up on the thinkbroadband graph. next i shall have to connect my dvr via my tp link power line and check the results. i shall post results a.s.a.p thank you.

Ayisha_B please read the pm i sent you and reply many thanks.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your PM @footinfront and apologies for any alarm caused.

We can locate your details from your Forum info - that is how I was able to run some checks on your equipment 🙂

Hope that clarifies things.

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi @footinfront thanks for getting back to us.

Do you require any further assistance from our team?  

Regards

Lee_R

Many Thanks to all help with my issues, for now its seems that my broadband has settled down, but i would like to add that my hub is starting to get warm to touch, but as my connection has been tested, i'll just have to wait till my my hub or connection falls over again. Thanks and i'll be back ( to coin a phrase)

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/96836d14ba1c65cecf0fdf803f9b9d53f42db346-28-05-2022

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fd42ac25da8da363cd68028b1e507fe49a5146ac-29-05-2022