cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'superfast' fibre that can't hold a connection

matt1987ponting
On our wavelength

I'm only 1 month into my Virgin Media broadband contract, and I'm seriously seriously disappointed. 

I actually ordered my internet package at the beginning of June, but due to incredibly incompetent internal management and absolutely no communication within the team, my install was only completed mid August. 

So 2 months of tethering to my iphone for everything, work, streaming, gaming etc. The day i had my internet finally installed (I chose 300+ mbps package for gaming and streaming etc) I actually couldn't get online with the PS4 and had to revert to tethering through the iPhone. Then the internet worked OK for about 2 weeks. Now I can't even have a FaceTime call on the wifi, i have to just use my iPhone's package , and once again, I'm tethering my PS4 and laptop through my phone to get online. 

I called yesterday, they said there is a fault on your line, an engineer will call you back within 4 hours. I asked her to repeat and guarantee that would happen within 4 hours, she said yes and guess what. No one called. When I phoned this morning there were no notes on the system to say an engineer was supposed to call. Literally everytime i call Virgin this happens. It has been, hands down, the worst customer service experience i've had since i was at uni (and vowed never to use Virgin again!) 

Now I'm being told there is an area fault. I am area 21. I can see on this forum that this exact same issue has been reported in area 21 since May 2020. Please, Virgin, pull your finger out and fix this mess. 

42 REPLIES 42

That's your link, not a shared link, so we can't see anything.

However, this seems to have been going on for far too long.  Where are you in terms of formal complaint to VM, and potential escalation to CISAS?  

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
A complete line repull?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi matt1987ponting,

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear you have been having some packet loss issues, and that this has been going on for a while. I have managed to locate your account and check your power levels, and I can see you require a tech, I will pop you over a private message to get some details and get this booked in for you 🙂 

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi matt1987ponting,

Thank you for messaging with me, glad we could get an engineer booked in.

Please keep us posted with how you get on. If you want to reschedule or view your appointment time you can do so here, under the Help tab then "Orders and Appointments"

Zoie

Right. Formal complaint and request to be freed of my contract will be coming shortly. 

The engineer came this morning. Zoe P had mentioned that there were power level issues showing on her end, which was the first time I'd heard that in the 2 or 3 months that I've had this problem. The engineer announced that the problem was fixed, as he replaced my (brand new) hub which had been sent to me the week before, he said that was dodgy. Then he said that my connection on street level was wired into the wrong cable. The cable that was pulled though and caused the 2 month delay in installing my broadband wasn't even the cable that they'd connected to. Anyway. The issue was therefore solved. 

Load of rubbish. Issues are still there. Just been disconnected from online servers mid-game again. Here is the latest BQM of the new hub. 

Fixed Link 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Again... that is a link to your account - not to the shared BQM

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

d'oh. 

Link fixed in the above post 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Currently a wall of red. Is the ip address correct - or something is set to not respond to ICMP echo requests - pings

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.