cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow wi fi and constant disconnects SHUB 2

84peterf
On our wavelength

As above super hub 2 that's quite a few  years old.

Slow wifi on on Sony smart tv constantly buffering and loseing connection. Hub is uninterrupted and just a few meters away Im  having to rest continually. Mobile phones also lose connection regularly. Tv is becoming unwatchable as I keep having to disconect the tv and reset that.

Tested wi fi speed on phone after resetting hub and download speed was less than 2mbs Up load was 9mbs on a 100mbs package. On desktop windows computer I get  70mbs through powerline adaptor which may slow it a little.  Service status checked and run the remote chcks that say all is ok. Any advice appreciated.

37 REPLIES 37

84peterf
On our wavelength

Hi.

I had Virgin customer services phone me today and they are sending me an engineer out tomorrow to check everything and also being upgraded to 200mb on fresh 18 month contract that I was assured would cost no more than my 100mbs.

Result hopefully.

My latest graph. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/8883a0d73c85b921c081818054aa3567f70548eb-06-08-2021

Thanks for coming back to us with your update @84peterf.

How did the visit go over the weekend and our your services now working at the upgraded speed for you?

Regards,

Steven_L

84peterf
On our wavelength

Hi Steve . Yes the upgrade on the  old router and speed has improved the wifi speed and relaibility no end with better coverage .

Unfortunately I now have an issue with the Tivo box not seeing any Wi Fi signal. Works fine getting channels as usual but have a message that WiFi is not connected and some services are not available.

As far as I recall the engineer set it all up and the wifi warning only appeared yesterday but I have only used the box once and perhaps didn't notice. The Tivo box was also replaced last month as it crashed trying to download an update.

Have checked all leads and cables rebooted router and Tivo numerous times and checked network setting diagnostic which only says there's a cable unplugged (N27) which there isn't. Not confident to mess with settings when asked questions I don't want to create more problems.

Help appreciated if I can sort it myself through the settings..

I thought TiVo didn't use broadband?? - Only the V6 box did!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Pretty sure it does to get all of the catch up content but Im no expert.

Cannot get into the router settings with password supplied either which is odd. 

Hi 84peterf

Thanks for coming back to us.

Is the V6 connected via Ethernet or wirelessly please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

84peterf
On our wavelength

Hi John many thanks for your reply. 

I had some spare time to go through the terminology, settings, passwords etc and got to understand the problem. Its only when you have problems you realise the need to understand what should be happening even down to knowing what equipment you have. If it works for months or years without too many issues you tend to forget thing so need to know to put things right yourself.

It must be a nightmare for those not interested and are not in tune with the technology fortunately I have always tried to keep up with things and could work my way through the problem and this forum is a great tool for getting help and info.

So all good now thank you.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi 84Peterf, 

Thanks for getting back to us, I know that sometimes it can be overwhelming when asked for various stats and I am glad you have found our community yo be helpful 🙂

If you need anything else we are here to help 

Zoie