cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow broadband speeds

LS95
Tuning in

over the past few days the internet has been remarkably slower and Wi-Fi has been terrible cant seem to identify a problem with it any help would be apricated 

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

done all of this its showing no faults

Also whenever I attempt to connect my phone it will say "failed to obtain IP address" 

Hi LS95,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been experiencing some slow speeds.

I've not been able to locate any details for you, so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) so I can take a closer look.

Alex_Rm

Thanks for popping your details over via private message LS95,

I can see you're currently affected by a short- term connectivity issue which may cause intermittent or performance related issues.

In the vast majority of cases this resolved itself within 24 hours, if you can please monitor the connection and keep us posted with how you get on.

Alex_Rm

hi alex its been atleast 2 weeks with this wifi and speed issues

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

What about wired devices?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

slightly affected but not nearly as bad

just tuning back into this to say the issue is still ongoing