cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slightly confused with WiFi connection

speedway59
Superfast

I may just be being slow today - but had a new Hub3 put in this morning which came as you would expect with a new Network name and WiFi password.

I was going to change these over to the old hub name etc to avoid having to redo all the wifi attached items, however I find all my devices are working and showing against the original network ???

On the Hub settings they are all signed in as Ethernet (clearing most are not ethernet connected)

is this liable to be due to my BT Whole home discs attached if so should I just leave as is ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You devices are connected to the BT disks, so that would be correct. If you want your devices to connect to the Hub as well then you need to change the new Hub WiFi to the old settings, SSID, passwords etc. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You devices are connected to the BT disks, so that would be correct. If you want your devices to connect to the Hub as well then you need to change the new Hub WiFi to the old settings, SSID, passwords etc. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Adduxi Thanks for that didn't expect that to happen, but it makes sense.

Think I will leave it for a few day to see how everything behaves before making any further changes don't want to tempt fate.

Oh Joy - the plan to change the network name and password on the Hub3 to save changing every wireless component in the house falls flat as there is now a new criteria for the password and the old one doesn't meet it.

Nothing is simple anymore is it.  safety first I suppose