Menu
rit001
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

site www.mail.com seems to be blocked at the IP address level.

www.mail.com offers free email addresses but does not seem to be accessible on the Virgin Media network with the tracert showing the following

C:\Windows\System32>tracert www.mail.com

Tracing route to www.mail.com [Removed]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.254
2 cpc1-nmal26-2-0-cust47.19-2.cable.virginm.net [Removed] reports: Destination host unreachable.

Trace complete.

This does not happen with other UK networks.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: site www.mail.com seems to be blocked at the IP address level.

It's working fine here.

What DNS are you using?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
rit001
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I use Google DNS, but DNS is not the issue as it returns the IP address 82.165.229.59. The problem is that at least in my area the Virgin network is unable/unwilling to provide a path to that address as seen in the tracert.

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

guessing you have your own router here, and that you’re also running the hub in router mode.. 

there is a traceroute tool on the hub itself (somewhere) what do you get if you use that, rather than a PC/device that is behind a double nat connection.  failing that, can you connect the device in question directly to the hub (rather than your 3rd party router) and see what the traceroute looks like then?

the ip address in your traceroute (the second hop) is your ip address, not part of virgin’s core.. if you still can, you probably want to edit that out of your post..

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post rit001,

Can you please update us to let us know if you've been able to look into some of the requests/advice

given by the Community Forums?

Does this work when not using your own router with the hub in modem mode? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos