cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

red light on hub 3

Keith28
Joining in

Posted as a reply to someone else's post in error

Hi I am having the same problem. I have tried the 30 second pinhole reset with the ethernet cable removed and restarted the hub but the red light remains on.

The hub is not hot and all services appear to be working although I get an occasional message on the smart tv when I switch it on  that the ethernet cable has been disconnected and then almost immediately that it has been reconnected. I have tried to call it in but keep getting the message that "we are having problems at our end " with their diagnostic tools.

Not sure if its all connected so any suggestions welcome.

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is a known issue with some hub 3 batches, & if you have tried resetting & failed then it should be replaced as false warnings can hide a real issue.

I have escalated the thread to the Forum Team who will follow this up shortly.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Keith, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community  I am sorry to hear you've had a red light issues and thank you for confirming these steps.

Please can I just confirm if you tried these ones;

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

I am also going to send you a PM so we can get this resolved, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The hub has been restarted several times as well as having been reset. It is well ventilated upright and not in sunlight 

Thank you for confirming @ks38 and for trying these steps. 

It would be best for us to arrange for an engineer to take a look so we can make sure everything is OK. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Hello

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for the red light– you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

Thanks

The appointment has been made.