cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

range extender

stevenobrien1
Joining in

Can someone please give me advice on range extenders are good for the virgin hub, ive just had 200 installed however the signal is poor through the rest of the house thanks

2 REPLIES 2

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon,

These are a great way to improve signal around your home. I would always personally recommend the powerline adapters rather than your standard WiFi boosters. 

You can add them to your VM package for an extra £3/month or you are welcome to use your own.

Thank you

Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JOE-C wrote:

AFAUI -VM no longer supply boosters - VM now supply “wifi Pods” (not “boosters”). Pods are free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If not you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

Get either a…
(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

Or powerline adapters may also work as a cheaper option - either by adding a WAP on an ethernet cable connecttion or getting ones that extend wifi

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.