For the last 2 days I've been experiencing multiple issues with my internet going slow or failing to load.
Upon looking into it with the Diagnostic tool on my.virginmedia.com, I am getting mixed messages:
- First check - Intermittant signal fault in my area
- Second check - no issues
- Third check - - Intermittant signal fault in my area
- Fouth check - "looks like you're still having issues"
- Fifth check - no issues
Yet I am still exeriencing conenction issues.
I am constantly seeing websites fail to load and error out. Using Dev Tools, I can see these error messages:
"An error occured on the connect: Error: Error during negotiation request"
"GET [WEBSITE ADDRESS] net:: ERR_ADDRESS_IN_USE"
The address in use error occurs the most frequently and prevents a multitude of websites from loading, including Google, Google Mail and many others.
I have checked with family and friends and the websites and services I am trying to use all work fine with them. This happens on all my devices, so I know it's not the laptop.
I am also finding it IMPOSSIBLE to get through to Virgin Media support. On the phone I get put into an endless queue (It's been 2 hours so far!) and using the Online Chat function gets much of the same. I cannot get through to a real person....
Some more info
I have done the following:
- Power cycled the Hub
- Checked all connections
- I use my hub in Modem mode, I have directly connected to ensure it wasn't my router that I use for WiFI, still the same. Even restarted my own router just to cover all the bases.
- Cleared DNS caches on all machines in despirate hope
- Used other browsers in the event it was a Chrome broswer issue, still the same