cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"intermittant signal issues"

fad3duk
On our wavelength

Hello,

For the last 2 days I've been experiencing multiple issues with my internet going slow or failing to load.

Upon looking into it with the Diagnostic tool on my.virginmedia.com, I am getting mixed messages:

• First check - Intermittant signal fault in my area
  • Second check - no issues
  • Third check - - Intermittant signal fault in my area
  • Fouth check - "looks like you're still having issues"
  • Fifth check - no issues

Yet I am still exeriencing conenction issues.

I am constantly seeing websites fail to load and error out. Using Dev Tools, I can see these error messages:

"An error occured on the connect: Error: Error during negotiation request"

and

"GET [WEBSITE ADDRESS] net:: ERR_ADDRESS_IN_USE"

The address in use error occurs the most frequently and prevents a multitude of websites from loading, including Google, Google Mail and many others.

I have checked with family and friends and the websites and services I am trying to use all work fine with them. This happens on all my devices, so I know it's not the laptop.

I am also finding it IMPOSSIBLE to get through to Virgin Media support. On the phone I get put into an endless queue (It's been 2 hours so far!) and using the Online Chat function gets much of the same. I cannot get through to a real person....

Edit:

Some more info

I have done the following:

• Power cycled the Hub
  • Checked all connections
  • I use my hub in Modem mode, I have directly connected to ensure it wasn't my router that I use for WiFI, still the same. Even restarted my own router just to cover all the bases.
  • Cleared DNS caches on all machines in despirate hope
  • Used other browsers in the event it was a Chrome broswer issue, still the same

Regards,

Rob
2 REPLIES 2

fad3duk
On our wavelength

My issue has now been solved after 3-4 days of no communication from VM and no ability to contact anyone, relying soley on the terrible service status pages.

This isn't the first time I've experienced these issues (both with the Broadband and being able to contact Virgin Media Support) but I can say with certainty that at the end of my current contract, I will not be staying with this overpriced service.

Regards,

Rob

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi fad3duk, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear that you've been having multiple issues with your internet connections and feel like you're not getting the right support. 

Taking a look at things here, I can see there was an area fault affecting you under reference: F010434911. This was resolved earlier today and so is no longer affecting you. 

I've had a look at your hub stats and the power and signal levels are all optimal. Can you try turning both the hub and your 3rd party router off. Turn the hub only back on and wait for this to be set up. Once this is done turn on the power to your router. This should help refresh the connection for you. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs