Menu
gypsygc
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"Weak Security - WEP using iPhone with SH2

I am having problems with security on wifi on my Superhub 2 with my iphone. 

My iPhone keeps saying my wifi has "Weak Security" and I am having real problems with drop outs and poor connection.  It is saying the SH2 is using "WEP" when it should be using" WPA2 Personal(AES)".  I have gone into the settings on the router and they are set to WPA2(AES) on both  2.4 and 5.0 so not sure what is going on. (WEP is a greyed out option so not really an option at all).

I have tried resetting the router but it makes no difference.  The iPhone works fine on wifi at work with a non VM router so not sure what is going on.

Is there a Firmware update or something for the SH2 that will resolve this. I have read on the forum that some people have solved the problem by getting a Hub 3 instead but not sure how to proceed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Weak Security - WEP using iPhone with SH2

Hi gypsygc,

I was going to order a replacement Hub to be sent out, but it would appear that this has already been arranged. Please let us know how you get on with the new Hub when it arrives.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
gypsygc
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen_A

Yes I used the "chat" facility online and they kindly sorted for me so picked it up yesterday.  Will let you know how I get on and thanks for your message

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wonderful, glad it's all sorted. I'm confident the new Hub will remedy the Wifi security issues, I look forward to your update Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
gypsygc
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Further update ... set up the Hub 3 last night as replacement to Superhub 2 and the Iphone / WEP problem has now disappeared... Excellent news Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos