cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Super Hub" 3 ethernet ports stopped working again

Fritch94
Tuning in

This is the second time in 4 days that my Hub has stopped working with ethernet connected devices. All have been working fine for 18 months. 

I've restarted the router, and all devices. Cables have been tested with a cable tester. They are fine. Devices work on with routers.

Does anyone have any ideas?

WiFi is working fine. 

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a pin hole reset, be aware it will set the hub back to its shipped state, so any amendments you have made will have to be reapplied. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I've done that.. The odd thing is the lights on the ports at the back are on. So the router knows something is connected, lights on the ports of the devices are on as well..

WiFi works fine, so I can get in to the router settings. Nothing has changed in the settings before this started happening. 

Update:

Ive turned the router off for 5 minutes (power cable was out. Disconnected all ethernet net cables.

After router came back on and WiFi connected, I left it another 10 minutes.

Connected one ethernet cable one by one every 5 minutes device had Internet... 

After 5 minutes of all ethernet connected devices lost connection again.. 

Hi @Fritch94

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, how are you getting on now?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I had to Phone Customer Support, they did blame my equipment at first and not the router. Which I understand if it was just one device and not 4 all at once!

After I continued to explain, they booked and engineer. Surprisingly (kinda) the router ethernet ports just started working at some point over night, after 4 days of not.

So currently all is ok, I’ve cancelled the engineer if it happens again I’ll get the engineer out to investigate.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread Fritch94.

We are happy to hear the issue is now resolved but do please let us know if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks 

Nat

Nat