Menu
Redpetal
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

"Area Fault" Broadband down since last week. Compensation rights?

Our broadband has been completely out since last Wednesday, in calling in we have been advised that their is an "area fault" and was original told it would be 24th July to fix.  Text message service then said it had been fixed, but it wasn't.  We reported this again and they then said its still an "area fault" and new estimated fix date is now 29th July!   They will tell us no more than this, I have no idea what the problem is and why they need to take so long to fix this.  They have offered us no explanation and no engineer to come out, and I have not seen anyone on our road working on anything.  Me and my husband work from home and the internet is vital to us.  We have asked what the compensation policy is, and all they said they can do is suspend our account so we are not currently paying.  However, we are now having to pay to use mobile data and for an alternative internet access for laptops for work, So this is costing us a fortune.   Does anyone know if we are entitled to claim any other compensation? The people on the phone don't know anything,  just aren't helpful and want to get us off the phone ASAP when they know there is a fault.  How can we get anymore information about what the problem is and if they are actually working on it!!!  If we know more about what is going on we may be more understanding on why it will take until 29th July to fix!!!  They need to communicate with their customers or they will lose them!!!  We are now currently looking into alternative providers.  Our neighbours are with Sky and BT infinity and they are working fine.   Anyone with any advise about where we stand on compensation and how I can get anyone to tell us what is going on????  Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Area Fault" Broadband down since last week. Compensation rights?

Hi Redpetal,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're affected by an area issue.

I've had a look and the reference number for the fault is F007268725. It's an SNR outage and is still set to be resolved on the 29th July 9am. 

The issue may not necessarily be outside your property, I assure you where ever the issue on the line is the team will be working to resolve it as quickly as they can.

If you've already spoken with the team regarding this we would have logged this on the account so that once the issue is resolved you would be refunded for the loss of services.

In regards to additional compensation, as this is subjective it's not something we would do. 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Redpetal
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Area Fault" Broadband down since last week. Compensation rights?

Hi Alex 

Thank you so much for your reply.  That is more information than your customer services could give us! Thank you.  We had no idea what the fault is or what was going on.  The service is still completely down.  We have been trying to speak to someone everyday this week, but webchat doesn't work.  When call customer services, we enter our account number it then loops round to automated call saying "fault in area we are working on it etc..." then we can't ever get through to anyone.  It's seems like we are being blocked from calling in now and just left in limbo. 

We want to call in to ensure that our account is still logged as service down, (since night of Wednesday 17th July) so we can get the compensation of £8 per day that is legally owed to us under the terms of our contract.   However, when we did get through last week, customer service team also said they don't do "compensation" claims, as you have.  So how would we ever be able to check that we will get this? It is supposed to be auto compensation. 

I guess we will have to wait until 29th and see if its fixed by then and get into another battle with customer service if not.  Any further advice would be appreciated.  I know you guys on the forums are UK based and trying your best to field all the fall out from the poorly trained customer service teams, (whom I feel sorry for too, as they are obviously poorly trained with limited english and just get shouted at all day by frustrated customers) . Such a shame VM now follow this service model. 

Hopefully the engineers on the ground can get this sorted by 29th then! 

Thanks

0 Kudos