cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem wifi

unhappyme
Tuning in

I am having with my wifi being slow. I have just upgraded to a faster broadband speed as I had been advised that I did not have enough bandwidth to cope with all my devices.

Whilst my wired network is running at the full faster speed it has not made any difference to the wifi speed.

In order to eliminate possible problem areas as to what could be using up the bandwidth I have carried out the following.

My hub has three ethernet connections to it. Two are powerline devices and the third is to my router elsewhere. If I disconnect all three ethernet connections from the hub so that there is nothing else connected to it other than the main feed to the hub the g5 wifi connecttion signal drops and my phone automatically switches over to the g2 band which still works.

If I reconnect the wired router to the hub the g5 signal returns. The signal strength I am getting throughout this procedure is whilst I am standing next to the hub.

The router is set up as a bridge and I suspect that is providing the 5g and not the hub.

Is there a problem with the hub and how can I check?

11 REPLIES 11

Many thanks for your all your help. Not very much I can do now until tomorrow, hopefully a forum rep may get in touch by then.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @unhappyme

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the issues you have been experiencing with your Hub, I'm sorry to hear that a pinhole reset did not fix this. I am concerned there may be a fault with your Hub, I would like to book an engineer visit for you to get the Hub replaced. I shall send you a private message now to confirm your address and we will get this booked in.

Kind regards,

Serena