cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem connecting to websites

matthewbatman93
Joining in

I am a new customer. Im getting trouble loading some websites i keep getting these errors. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR on every browser ive tried google chrome, firefox & opera. Ive had virgin media broadband before never had this issue till now

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

matthewbatman93
Joining in

i also get PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR i need this sorting ive only been live 3 days

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried on multiple devices - a PC, Laptop, Tablet ? Sounds like it could be a device issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the reply.

Does the same on desktop and mobile.

Connects just fine using mobile data

Hey there @matthewbatman93, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with certain sites being accessible. 
Are you able to do a factory reset on the Virgin Media Hub and see if the issue occurs then?
Also if you could try a wired connection to the Virgin Media Hub directly and see if the error occurs then.

Thank you and let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ive done resets. I cant connect via ethernet. I dont have one. Ive never had this problem at all. Literally switching from one contract to another now i have this problem. I contacted VM they just give me a sales pitch for a geek technical service which im not paying for. I have disabled websafe settings. Still no luck. Im thinking theres filters from VM Side.

i have fixed the problem now.

Thanks for letting us know that this has now been resolved @matthewbatman93.

What did you do to resolve the problems?

Regards,

Steven_L