cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port fowarding help

OTJF
Tuning in

when i try to enable it and click apply changes the box is still empty?

Screenshot_1.png

8 REPLIES 8

g0akc
Problem sorter

which hub is it?

I can't see anything obvious - just buggy operation of the VM Hubs?

get your own router with hub in modem mode - that's your best bet....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

super hub 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @OTJF,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
Have you been able to resolve the issues since you last posted or is it still an ongoing issue?

Regards,

Steven_L

still a ongoing issue

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would assume you need to tick the <enabled> box and then <apply changes>. I run in modem mode so I have no knowledge of what you do for port setting in the VM hubs.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
The hub can be buggy and VM don't support what your trying which they might as well NAT you will other people.

Take control of your hub and use modem mode with your own router that got 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------

g0akc
Problem sorter

Try a factory reset (you will need to reapply any changes made previously including existing port forwarding rules - if they are not set up again by UPnP).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @OTJF, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear you're having issues setting up port forwarding.

As @Tudor has mentioned, if you tick the box where it says "enabled" and then "apply changes" it should once you've refreshed the settings page remain Enabled.

I do believe that this is what you've already done though, but please let us know once you've performed the factory reset (thanks @g0akc for this tip) and tried this again if you're having the same issue still.

Many thanks

Tom_W