Menu
throwaway
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

port forwarding issues

Hi, does anyone else have issues with external forwarding, I appear to be able to get one rule up and working i.e. 8585 -> 8585 but then am unable to add any more rules, I have a NAS which runs a number of services and need to forward various ports to this.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: port forwarding issues

Rules must be added in ascending sequence. So if you want to add a lower port than an existing one, you have to delete the existing one first.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: port forwarding issues

@Tudor wrote:

Rules must be added in ascending sequence. So if you want to add a lower port than an existing one, you have to delete the existing one first.

Fairly sure I checked that last time someone said it and it wasn't the case, in my 2ac at least.

I did see a few people say that for the SH3 in the past, so it's worth trying.  That was a few years ago now so I would hope that VM  has fixed it now, if not then they should be ashamed.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos