Menu
lewisbr
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

poor wifi signal

we are having problems with our signal from our superhub 3 speeds are fine in the living room where the router is and the signal is great but as soon as we move into the bedroom we lose all signal just get 1 bar on phones and laptop and speed drops considerably we have 350 mbs but get around 5 in our bedroom we live in a flat so its nor far from the router i would say 8 meters away max is there anyway to improve it or should i stick it in modem mode and buy another router to make it better thanks lewis
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grimlife
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor wifi signal

I feel your pain. I have a SuperHub3 and have long suffered wi-fi issues in a loft conversion (several steel RSJs possibly not helping matters. Just got Virgin to install one of their range extenders (free if you have a big package I think). It seemed to help initially but my son is connecting lots of devices and it's making it unstable. Just done a re-boot of the SH3 and things are looking better. Having said that, I am seeing relatively low speeds from that extender, in the low 60s, but it's better than nothing.
0 Kudos
mkaminski100
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor wifi signal

"Just got Virgin to install one of their range extenders"

Suspiciously I have noticed a drop in WiFi reliability after VM started to advertise range extenders, which were initially free, but now charged at I think £3 per month.
0 Kudos