cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor 'phone reception

Ian4242
Tuning in

Hi

When making 'phone calls, I can barely hear the other person and, at times, the connection drops completely for a few seconds before we can resume our conversation.

I have looked at settings (Network operators is set to "Select automatically"), checked that the SIM is seated correctly and is undamaged and that the 'phone speaker is OK.

Can anyone suggest a solution please? I wonder if I just need a new SIM. If so, how do I request one?

Thanks

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ian4242

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the loudness of your phone. 

Can you advise what handset you have?

Does this happen when you both receive calls and make calls?

Does this happen on when calling or being called on different landlines and other mobiles? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ian4242

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the loudness of your phone. 

Can you advise what handset you have?

Does this happen when you both receive calls and make calls?

Does this happen on when calling or being called on different landlines and other mobiles? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which network provider is your phone with? You've posted in the wi-fi section of the forum, but do you have a Virgin Mobile/O2 phone?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi
Thnks for your reply
I'm with Virgin using a SIM free Samsung 'phone
Ian

Hi
Thanks for your reply
I have a Samsung Galaxy A10. The problem occurs when both making and receiving calls.
I'll try on another mobile or a landline
Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is poor reception, is this happening both indoors and outdoors?

Can you confirm if you had the same issue on another handset?

Please let us know how it went?

Kind regards, Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for your message

Yes, it is happening both indoors and outdoors and when both making and receiving calls.

I haven't tried the SIM in another handset.

Could it be the SIM? My 'phone keeps beeping, showing "Refreshing SIM data" and also saying "2 new voicemails" when there aren't any!

Thanks

Ian

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

Can you please confirm if this problem is worse in any particular area or does it happen all over? 

Has this always been an issue or has the problem only started occurring recently? 

Thanks, 

Nat

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

A SIM card can't make the signal noisy. It either works or doesn't. 

Are you simply in a poor area for the O2 signal? It's not the best network for coverage. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.