cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pc not showing on hub 3 connected devices

nobley
On our wavelength

All my devices are working fine but if I go to connected devices on the Hub 3 menu

my pc is not showing.

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
But is is connected and working fine though ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

nobley
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is connected and working ok.  Just not showing

sophist
Trouble shooter

so, could be gremlins in the hub firmware.. not beyond the realms of possibility, even though it's a pretty basic funciton.

how is the pc connected to the hub? wifi, via another device (e.g. powerline adapter or something?) or ethernet?

can you confirm that the ip address of your pc - is it 192.168.0.x (where x is a number between 2 and 254).. 

nobley
On our wavelength

Yes my ip address is as you say.

nobley
On our wavelength

Sorry connected through powerline.

sophist
Trouble shooter

@nobley wrote:

Sorry connected through powerline.

Well, the connection is working.. in order for your pc to talk to teh hub (and vice-versa) they must know each-others MAC address (the hardware address of the network interface).

This means that, irrespective of your hubs ability to render this in the GUI, it knows that your PC (192.168.0.55 for example) has a hardware address of xx:xy:xx:xx:xy:xz.  So it could just be a bug that's preventing your pc's details from showing in the hub GUI

The alternative theory, given that you're running powerline adapters, is that somehow your PC has picked up an address from a neighbour.. this is possible, but i'd expect that if you'd bridged networks with a neighbour and you're both using the same subnet (192.168.0) that you'd be having all sorts of weird and wonderful problems on the network..

nobley
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply Sophist.

The other pc in the house and the tv, both connected through powerlines, are showing as well as all the wi fi connected  devices.

As you said if I was using a shared network I would know about it.

It's not important just annoying.

nobley
On our wavelength

Don't know why but all my devices are showing in the Hub3 menu.