cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password incorrect after hard reset

Hcamalcolm
Just joined

After a hard reset, my VM Hub 3 says my Admin password is incorrect. It has been restarted several times, and pinhole reset several times too, including for more than 60 seconds with all Ethernet cables disconnected. 

I think I may need a new hub, but can’t see how to get this sorted? 

I’ve tried by going through 150, but the promised link via text has not arrived. 

TIA

H

many 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, the Hub's default passwords should be legible on the bottom of the unit.  Always make sure they are before a pin hole reset. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Hcamalcolm
Just joined

Well this is embarrassing - I was using the Wi-Fi password instead of the all-numbers settings password, and now it works! 

In my defence, I did change the settings password to my own personal version - same as Wi-Fi to save confusion (!).

I also discovered that if you call 150 a second time, you get through to an actual human being. 

I hope this helps some other confused soul… 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, the Hub's default passwords should be legible on the bottom of the unit.  Always make sure they are before a pin hole reset. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks