cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parental controls

user1974d
Tuning in

does Virgin have parental control facility for scheduling individual device access times to wi-fi? e.g. to ensure PS4 isn't being used at 2am on a school night

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lotharmat
Community elder
Nope - you'd need to get your own router for this level of control!

MAC filtering *does* exist but I've found it to be flakier than a dandruff convention!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

lotharmat
Community elder
Nope - you'd need to get your own router for this level of control!

MAC filtering *does* exist but I've found it to be flakier than a dandruff convention!

lol thanks

No problem!

Unsolicited, but I've incredibly happy with my TP-Link Archer C7 - Cheap but does the job and has saved me a load of pain with the Hub's bad wifi! (3 bed Semi - No coverage issues for 2.4 and 5GHz bands)

thanks again. I'm actually happy with my router's service including the (limited) MAC filtering performance. I was just looking for a way of scheduling the filtering. I'd imagine this function would be desirable for many families (parents) but I guess its lack of profitability for providers makes it a no-starter.

Pretty much! - VM did look at better routers but the market research overwhelmingly rejected the notion as too expensive and joe public didn't want to pay it!

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @user1974d

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding parental controls for individual devices' access to WiFi. Unfortunately this is not something we currently provide, but I will raise your feedback that this would be a desirable feature for parents.

Best wishes,

Serena

Hello Serena,

Any progress on improving parent control from Virgin media? This topic is much discussed on the online forums that big company like Virgin Media still only have basic functionality regarding parent control where as other competitors devices/software can provide better control and restrictions against websites, applications and users.

About time Virgin Media took this seriously and come up with a better solution. I wouldn't be surprised if Virgin Media are also losing customers because of this issue.

Thank you,

Regards 

Jat

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jatnag

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

All discussions / posts are taken as feedback and are fed back to our team and you may see suggestions reflected in future updates.

My apologies for any inconvenience

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I used to be with Plusnet at a different address and their parent control was excellent, simply login to your account & set what times each device has internet access via Ethernet cable & WiFi.