cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orange base LED + intermittent wifi

xAngel_951
Joining in

Our wifi has been faulty for a couple months now. We have tried turning it off, leaving it then turning it on again later. We have called in and asked for virgin media to resolve the issue but they got us to do a reset on our box and that is all. They are honestly being quite useless and it is tiring sitting on the phone just to hear them say theres no issue when there clearly is. I cannot find anything on what the orange base LED means and it is incredibly frustrating to be paying for wifi that works when it feels like it. A friend of mine has a newer wifi hub and has no issues, but when we called they refused to give us a new hub as they said nothing was wrong but something clearly is!! Plus, they tried to say it was just our house and starting talking about how what our house is build out of is affecting our signal in certain parts of the house, but we get the disconnecting issue on all devices regardless of if we are upstairs or right next to the hub. The wifi will kick us off of it at random times during the day and we have to wait for it to reconnect. The box never comes up with any symbols and the base LED remains orange during these periods of the wifi not working. Please can we have some help!! We're so sick of this and just want someone to listen.

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @xAngel_951
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the WiFi and indeed any calling experience. I've checked today and from what you've posted, I think the WiFi light is yellow as I've never heard of an orange light - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/virgin-media-wifi-not-working - then scroll down to the hub 3 lights.

Looking at this for you, I can see we've sent you a WiFi Pod, however, you do need a tech visit. This is because your upstream channels are all maxed out. 

I will send you a PM now for you to get the address and book this in.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I apologise for the late reply. The wifi light is yellowish, sorry for that mistake. We have the wifi pod but it has made no difference, we are still getting connection issues where it will temporarily kick us off the wifi, though the box says there is no issues and remains to just have a yellow base LED. Also, I am not sure what upstream channels mean. We have not had a visit yet as the person we spoke to on the phone was quite rude and threatened a bill, saying that we must be causing the issue. We only took the wifi pod as he offered a 3 month free trial and basically made it sound like this would be the only resolution. I will reply back to you PM now.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi xAngel_951

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to book the tech visit for the upstream issues. This has been booked now and can be tracked in your online account - virg.in/myVM - where you'll be able to amend it if needed.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill