Menu
BarbadosBob
Joining in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: only can access wireless connection on guest network (super hub 3)

I also have the same problem with super hub 3.0. Guest network can be joined and works, but main network does NOT. Virgin team came to check it at the weekend: turned it off, reattached all the cables and it worked. They left and 30 minutes later it was back to the same ridiculous situation where the Guest Network works but the main VM network does not. 

Also, you cannot say at the start of this posting that the problem has been answered, as it has NOT. The answer stating that you merely have to set separate names for 2.5 & 5 ghz did not work for more than 30 minutes for the person having the problem. Also do not understand that reply saying that the latest firmware should be downloaded - Virgin automatically updates its firmware.

I am paying for Vivid 300 Gaming internet yet on most devices I can only access it on slow speeds through the Guest Network.... looking on different fora, I see that there are a huge number of complaints about this "super"hub. Previous Virgin routers were not great & had poor range but at least worked. Why will Virgin not just let us use our own routers instead of forcing us to pass through their own defective router?

0 Kudos
Teaps34
Joining in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem and changing the names of the 2.4 network does not work.

Are there any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teaps34
Joining in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Also, I should have mentioned, that I can only log on to my superhub and media server if i am on the main network.  This means that I can either use the internet or the access the super hub and media server as I have to keep changing networks.

I have tried restarting my superhub, resetting my superhub and changing the names of the networks.

None of this is working

daframe2
Tuning in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem since I rebooted my hub 2 nights ago. Everything I've tried from reading this thread doesn't work and there seems to be no other further discussion/actions/answers to deal with the problem.

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Super solver
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@BarbadosBob wrote:

<Snip>. Why will Virgin not just let us use our own routers instead of forcing us to pass through their own defective router?

VM will let you use your own Router if you wish.  They will not allow you to use your own Modem.  If you put the Hub 3 into Modem mode, you are free to use whatever Router you choose. 

Personally I've never used any of the VM hubs as Routers, they always go straight into Modem mode. 

0 Kudos
BarbadosBob
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes, My mistake for putting router and not modem. I am aware that one can try to put the Virgin Hub into modem mode, & use a router, but my problems persisted even when I did that. I meant to say "Why will Virgin not just let us use our own modems instead of forcing us to pass through their own defective modem (hub)?" 

After months of using the guest network, I started having problems with my Orbi router and once I replaced it with a Multi mesh system and reset the Virgin hub, I now can access either by Multi or through the hub. I have set up a new Guest Network and so far no recurrence of the problems. That's hardly a solution t the initial problem, though, which remains a mystery even to the Vrgin engineers who could not understand it or fix it.

0 Kudos
robert_fernando
Tuning in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

hi,

Possible solutions.

On home hub 3 check in Advanced settings -> wireless -> security that wireless  mac filtering  is disabled or if enabled the mac address of the device you are trying to connect is in the mac address table for 5ghz and 2.4ghz

On Advanced settings -> security -> mnac filtering the add filter rules / mac filter list  section has no rules.

I found adding rules here cause my phone to via wifi to the hub, but not to the internet

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Why are you necroing a three month old thread with gollox?

0 Kudos