cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new hub

dooz
Up to speed

installed the virgin connect app and it says i can upgrade hub for free i am only on the hub 2 and wifi is rubbish.cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dooz, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you're having wifi issues.

If you can provide further details as to what problems you're having, myself and the community will do our best to provide further help to you?

Of course, it's completely your call if you want to upgrade to the Hub 3, but if you wish to then please follow the instructions on the app to do this.

Our Intelligent Wifi Pods are compatible with the Hub 3 however, which means if you're having problems with blackspots (if that's your current problem), you can order these to support you further at a cost of £5 per month (unless you are on a Volt or Ultimate Oomph bundle, where they are free) - they are not compatible with the Hub 2 unfortunately.

Please let me know if you need any further help or support, and I hope this helps!

Thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@dooz wrote:

installed the virgin connect app and it says i can upgrade hub for free i am only on the hub 2 and wifi is rubbish.cheers

…ok…

So follow the steps in the app to upgrade the hub…?

But - don’t expect a newer hub to be better. If you think the Hub2 has bad Wifi you’re in for a shock 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Haha,ok nice one think I'll stick with this

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dooz, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you're having wifi issues.

If you can provide further details as to what problems you're having, myself and the community will do our best to provide further help to you?

Of course, it's completely your call if you want to upgrade to the Hub 3, but if you wish to then please follow the instructions on the app to do this.

Our Intelligent Wifi Pods are compatible with the Hub 3 however, which means if you're having problems with blackspots (if that's your current problem), you can order these to support you further at a cost of £5 per month (unless you are on a Volt or Ultimate Oomph bundle, where they are free) - they are not compatible with the Hub 2 unfortunately.

Please let me know if you need any further help or support, and I hope this helps!

Thanks

Tom_W

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
TBH - you could do as I did 20 years ago and stick the VM Hubs into mode and use your own better quality router and wireless equipment. Dont pay to rent pods at £5/month as spending £40-100 is better value and will sort it... and be yours to own forever with and ISP you are with in the future

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Want better WiFi get your own router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

yeah.wont be getting pods

Hi dooz

Were only a message away should you change your mind

Or need assistance with anything else 

Gareth_L