cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new hub 5

baffles
On our wavelength

Hi all

I have had the opportunity to have a hub 5 about 6 months now.

I am constantly having wifi issues and broadband issues.

slow streaming on tv apps and sometimes even on direct ethernet connections

Alexa speaks message " having trouble connecting to Internet, reboot hub"

always getting good speeds on ookla speedtest.

I recently found out the hub 5 is on test and only selected areas and subscribers.

Is any one else having these problems, I am about to ditch the onboard wifi in favour of a mesh system but cost is making me think twice, I have never had any real issues in the past unless there has been a fault, I upgraded from a Hub 3

any info greatly appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Staff here can advise on getting the Hub 5 replaced with a Hub 3 if you so wish.  If you do want to go down the mesh route, then I can confirm that the Hub 5 works as well in modem mode as a Hub 3, and plays nicely with my TP-Link Deco M4.

If you were previously happy with the Hub 3's wifi, then hold out for getting a Hub 3 back - no point paying a hundred quid to sort out the Hub 5's problems.  Before following either course of action, be sure that this is a wireless connectivity issue, because if it's a cable fault, then neither changing the hub nor using modem mode will resolve that.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Staff here can advise on getting the Hub 5 replaced with a Hub 3 if you so wish.  If you do want to go down the mesh route, then I can confirm that the Hub 5 works as well in modem mode as a Hub 3, and plays nicely with my TP-Link Deco M4.

If you were previously happy with the Hub 3's wifi, then hold out for getting a Hub 3 back - no point paying a hundred quid to sort out the Hub 5's problems.  Before following either course of action, be sure that this is a wireless connectivity issue, because if it's a cable fault, then neither changing the hub nor using modem mode will resolve that.

baffles
On our wavelength

cheers for that info, pretty sure my cabling is fine, done end to end continuity test ,all ok

i was also thinking about getting the mesh system you are using, 

thanks again

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there baffles,

Thanks for your responses, from checking our service I can't currently see any readings that would attribute to the problem at hand.

How is the service looking now?

Let us know,

Kain

baffles
On our wavelength

Hi

Thanks for your response.. I have disabled wifi on the hub and gone to Modem mode and installed a Mesh  Wi Fi setup.

Havent  had any further issues so far.

thanks again.