Menu
Highlighted
alyandrob
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

new Samsung Smart TV lost internet connection to Superhub 3.0

hi,
Ive searched on here and seen that this issue appears to be a common one but posting this as a new query, in case there of any confusion.

I've just purchased a Samsung Smart TV (model UE32M5500AK), to replace my old CRT telly which was connected to my Virgin Tivo box via scart.

Setting up all worked fine, it seemed.  I connected the tivo box to the new tv via a HDMI cable and set up the internet connection via wi-fi.  It found the connection and logged on with no problem.  However around 30 minutes later when trying out all the apps, I find the TV can no longer connect to the internet.  It can see the wifi router and there is no problem with the signal on any of my other devices (laptop, tablet etc even the Now TV box also connected to the telly).  The Tivo box connection is working fine, so I can get all my channels and recording, just can't get the telly to work as a "smart" TV and connect to all the other apps.  Its not the Now TV box causing a conflict, as I found that the TV could no longer go online, just to see if that worked.
I've read some other responses on here about changing 2G and 5G names?  Totally confused, not sure how to find that or risk messing around with settings unless I know what I am doing!

Unfortunately connecting the router via an ethernet cable isn't an option, as the router is in a different room.  I would love to have it moved into this room but guess that I would need to get an engineer in to do that, to extend the cable etc.

Hope someone can help, finally get my telly into the 21st century and can't use it to its full intent!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: new Samsung Smart TV lost internet connection to Superhub 3.0

Hi there alyandrob,

Sorry to hear about this.

I've checked both your equipment levels and network segment and I'm unable to detect any active faults relating to this at the moment.

I've proceeded to adjust your wireless settings to see if this will improve things for you.

Let me know if I can assist further,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
alyandrob
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! It seemed to work some of the time, with the occasional outage - hadn't chased this further since my original post as I've been mainly using the Now TV box which has had no problems with the signal. I will report back if things improve or worsen!

0 Kudos
alyandrob
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Whilst I'm logged in here for another issue, also reporting back to update on this. I am still having intermittent connection issues between Virgin and my Samsung TV! 

It occasionally loses internet connection, with a message stating no bandwidth (which is not the case!).

The other fault, which happens more frequently, is that Virgin Media won't load up, I get a message about "wrong resolution" and I have to restart both the TV and the TiVo box for it to work again.

Very frustrating. I'm assuming from seeing similar complaints posted online that it's a compatibility issue?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi alyandrob,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

How has it been since posting? Can you tell me the full error message you see on screen?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alyandrob
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Both errors happen intermittently, thankfully infrequent, which is why I hadn't got round to escalating further, but still very frustrating.  Coincidentally, both errors have happened in the past week.

Firstly, the Virgin Media box failing to be recognised due to "wrong resolution", this happened last night, causing me to miss a number of programmes that I've been following.  I put both TV and Tivo on standby and a couple of hours later it was all working again. (see first screenshot)

Then the second error occurs on occasion when I use the SmartTV features which require an internet connection.  the second screenshot was taken after a programme I was watching on Amazon Prime started to buffer, so went back to the homepage to try try a few other apps and got this message when I tested the internet connection (IP details blocked out for security on a public forum! I can send by private message if it helps).  I tested the wifi connection on my mobile device at the same time and there was a strong internet connection but for some reason the TV couldn't see it! Again, this started working again normally after a short break.
Mode not supported.JPGTivo errorwireless_connection.JPGInternet connection error

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi alyandrob,

Thanks for getting back to us!

For the wireless issue on the TV I recommend dropping a post on our Broadband Board so our broadband experts can run some diagnostic checks with you.

As for the TiVo® issue, it does seem to be an unusual one. How often does this message appear? Does re-seating the HDMI lead clear the message? 

I'd also like you to check the Video Output settings on your TiVo®. To do this press Home on your remote control and select Help and Settings, Settings, Video Output and tell me what it says next to Video Output Format.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alyandrob
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delayed reply!  The video output setting says 1080i 

What should it be?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You have a 1080p TV, so 1080i is fine. It's worth trying another HDMI cable or HDMI port.

A wired connection to your TV is best. You can either get your hub relocated near to the TV by Virgin Media at a cost of £99 or you can run an Ethernet cable from the hub to the TV. Judging from your requirments, pay the £99 to relocate the hub.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
0 Kudos
alyandrob
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately relocating the hub is not an option as it's in a different room and the cable for the box runs through a hole in the wall, as that was the only place the original installers could put the hub. Don't understand why it was fine to have the TiVo box/TV in another room as the hub before but not now with a different TV 

0 Kudos