Menu
chowface
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

need account number

Im having problems with my internet connection and can't ring the helpline as I don't have my account number, can anyone help?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: need account number

Its printed on any paperwork/bills that VM send you (specifically).  Or log into "Your Virginmedia" and look at the latest bill online - its on there too.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
chowface
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks but I cant create an account to log on as I don't have my account number and I cant find any paper work

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

when calling can just tap 0# a few times on the keypad or type in random numbers and when speaking to agent advise them of this, just in case it is a valid account number.. so maybe best using 100000010

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK - try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" then “technical issues” – (They are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. - 08.01 is best!) you should get a UK helper person who I am sure will give you your account number once you pass through all of the security checks.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand I believe that is one number they can't give out over the phone can help them setup account over the phone 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@paultechy wrote:

@jbrennand I believe that is one number they can't give out over the phone can help them setup account over the phone 

Ahh.. ok I defer to your superior knowledge Smiley Happy

--------------------
0 Kudos