cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my virgin wifi network doesn't show up on both of my samsung phones

HighonBelvita
Joining in

I have had the same Virgin package for about 3 years and have had no problems connecting on all of my devices (pixel 4, laptop, computer, smart tv, both samsung phones). Yesterday, my wifi network wasnt appearing on my samsung devices. Usually it has the actual ID of the network like VM12345678, but there was only "Virgin Media" as one of the wifi networks with full signal. But i couldn't connect to it with the normal password. This only happens on the samsung devices ( J2 Prime and S8), and I can connect fine on my other devices. I have reset network settings, soft reset, restarted router, restarted devices but none of them fixed it. It is really odd how it only started happening yesterday and how it is only exclusive to my samsung devices and not my other devices. How do I fix this

4 REPLIES 4

Z92
Trouble shooter

Sounds like you only have the public WiFi open, or you are seeing another customer public WiFi.

Have you tried to do a full factory reset?

factory reset of the phone or router?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try forget network on the phone.

On the J2  go to Settings. > General management > tap Reset and Reset Network Settings. > tap Reset Settings.

On the S8 From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray. 

Then Settings > Connections>  Wifi > Touch and hold on the VM SSID number for your network > Forget network.

To factory reset your router, first make sure have a copy of the network name and wifi password on the base of your router  then:- 

Keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly with a paperclip or something similar. keep it pressed in for a full minute.

Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

If you previously changed your router password you will have to use the one printed on the sticker on the router. You can always change it again by going into the settings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi HighonBelvita,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've had some issues with your phone connecting.

Have you tried what newapollo has suggested?

Alex_Rm