cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message from +447800002204 about wifi set up?

moustachio
Joining in

Not sure if this is the right place, first day haha! anyways, a message from above number wanting to confirm date of wifi set up. thing is I've already confirmed over phone a couple times earlier in the month and I've never gotten a message from a +447 before, this is mobile no? can someone confirm that this number is legit virgin media and is it normal to receive so many calls to confirm date of wifi?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@moustachio wrote:

Not sure if this is the right place, first day haha! anyways, a message from above number wanting to confirm date of wifi set up. thing is I've already confirmed over phone a couple times earlier in the month and I've never gotten a message from a +447 before, this is mobile no? can someone confirm that this number is legit virgin media and is it normal to receive so many calls to confirm date of wifi?

thanks

Virgin don’t sell Wifi. They sell a cable service

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Yes i paid for broadband and it is supposed to be installed this week. A message from said number say "Hi, it's Virgin Media. The big day's coming! We'll be connecting you on [date and address]. Reply KEEP to confirm or CHANGE to reschedule."

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi moustachio

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. We do send SMS out to the number on file near the install date to confirm you're still good to be installed 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill