cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0

Philz0r
Joining in

I have had nothing but bother from Virgin media for over 2 weeks now.

my internet keeps dropping out across all my devices and have terrible speeds. 

The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
8The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
9The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
10The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
11The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
12The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
13The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
14Please place your WiFi device near the Hub 3.0.

i phoned virgin up yesterday and the guy who answered was very rude, unhelpful and unwilling to listen to what i had to say.

i told him my problems and he told me to restart my router and check all the cables, which i have done and he basically called me a liar saying the router hadn't been restarted in over 2 weeks despite the fact i have restarted it about 20 times in the last week alone and leaving it off through the night over the weekend. 

getting really fed up now, looking at this problem from previous people's threads it looks like a router problem that requires a replacement, i really dont want to have to sit on hold for another hour to be told "turn your router off at the wall, factory reset it" over and over.

30 REPLIES 30

That is it, just needs time to develop now.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

just tried ringing virgin media again, call centers closed?

i would rather them replace my router rather then me spending more money. any virgin media support people on these forums who can help?

A new hub from Virgin won't be any better (unless you run it in modem mode with your own router attached)

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

i don't think you realise, the hub hasn't moved for 4 years and only last month started playing up with signal strength, the router is clearly on its way out.

Or there is new interference on the way in ...

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

nope, a sky box and a TV with the hub sat next to it. 

Neighbours may have gotten a new/different router. Or a fish tank. Or any other of the many anomalies that effect WiFi performance

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi