cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loss of internet

press16
Tuning in

I have been having continual problems with my Internet losing connection and the getting it back a few seconds later (this is continual 24 hours a day) since 20th March - I have contacted VM 5 times about this and was promised each time that it would be restored within a day or so , BUT this has never happened , I have spent hours contacting and TRYING to contact VM with being continually put on hold or waiting for an Agent all to no avail .

I have tried putting a post on VMs Facebook page several times but these have all been removed 

So what is the problem (exactly) VM ?? Why is it taking so long and are you going to compensate me for have continual Internet problems since March 20th ??

I have been told AGAIN today that it will be sorted by 17th April (yeah right) 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can sort out this awful mess ??

Regards 

4 REPLIES 4

jonnywright
On our wavelength

I can only imagine how frustrating that is.

How are you determining that your internet is dropping out, and is it happening on multiple devices? Either way, how are these devices connected? What I am trying to understand is whether it is a WiFi issue or actually a connection problem, or even a problem with a specific device. If you can provide some more info then we can think about possible problems, and whether it is something we can fix ourselves without you having get to continue to chase VM. 

Hi again , it is not a WiFi problem , its an Internet connection problem , there is an apparent "outage" in our area !!

I keep getting the little icon in the tray saying "temporary loss of connection" then a few seconds later another little icon saying "Internet connection reinstated" - this is going on permanently every few seconds , 24 hours a day - EVERY day since 20th March .

I know its an Internet problem (and have known all along) - my problem is that I have been having major problems trying to get in contact with VM to discuss it and when I do eventually get through to them VM keep telling me it will be sorted out within a day or so BUT it never is !!  I have been fobbed off 5 times now by various different "Agents" just to get rid of me and this has been going on since March 20th !!

I am self employed and as such I need the Internet at home for various reasons to do with my Business / customers / websites etc etc 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@press16 wrote:

Hi again , it is not a WiFi problem , its an Internet connection problem , there is an apparent "outage" in our area !!

<snip>

I am self employed and as such I need the Internet at home for various reasons to do with my Business / customers / websites etc etc 

Do you have a BQM running to keep a record of the drop-outs and connection problems for evidence of the issue(s)?

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Have you got a fault reference number from VM if it is a known issue?

What does the automated service status number 0800 561 0061 say at the moment (reported on here to be more accurate/localised reporting of problems).

For a VM residential connection, you have no SLA or guarantee of service. Any automatic compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

is for a 'total loss of service' and not directly useful for intermittent faults or slow service.

If you are relying on the connection to run your business, then you should really either have a business connection with recognised SLA and/or a backup connection via an Openreach provider or reliable mobile connection.

You may get some form of compensation from VM for the poor service via a formal complaint to VM and escalation to arbitration.

Despite so many people working from home now, VM's residential T&Cs haven't caught up with this so, if your connection isn't working, you are at the mercy of VM's bungling customer support and fault-fix processes.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey press16,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection at the moment. I have looked into this and can see that there is an SNR issue in your area, this issue currently has an estimated fix time of 10am on Monday 17th April.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L