cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loss of connection every night at 1.4am

BATCH007
Tuning in

every night lately the past week or so or more the internet has been gone completely at 1.40 am for at least 20 minutes in the house. my area is west lothian, is there any reports of problems in this area at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Must be maddening. 

Re BQM visit the link above as it tells you in lots of detail how it works and how to set it up. Once up it monitors remotely so you don't have to do anything. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

69 REPLIES 69

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page http://www.virginmedia.com/servicechecker although this only covers large outages.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
record the dropouts on a BQM as per....

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

it doesnt drop out the whole internet cuts off for 20 minutes, i still get wifi signal.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

WiFi signal is provided by the hub, you will still get this if the broadband is not working. Please confirm that WiFi devices cannot access the internet. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

wifi devices and ethernet connections get knocked out, there is no internet available. e 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Work on the VM network often gets done in the wee small hours and can result in these sort of dropouts. It usually only happens for 2 or 3 nights in a row. If yours has been going on longer than that then you need VM to tell you why. Hence why I said get a BQM going to record the frequency and duration of these dropouts to provide the evidence

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BATCH007,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your connection, I have checked your systems and can see there are no outages and all looks fine, if you could post a BQM as advised by our VIP @jbrennand. So we can get a better idea of what issues you are having.

Zoie

isn't that a third party application?..

how am i supposed to run it? i don't keep the laptop on all day.. thanks..

last night it went off at 1.20.. it's super annoying when in a competitive gaming match.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Must be maddening. 

Re BQM visit the link above as it tells you in lots of detail how it works and how to set it up. Once up it monitors remotely so you don't have to do anything.