Menu
Highlighted
hotpasta
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

laptop and mobile cut off

all of a sudden, my laptop and mobile (and WiFI repeater) can no longer get internet.  My wife's mobile is fine, the Hub is fine, but my mobile and laptop show the router but it says "no internet".  This happened mid-morning, and we just can't connect.  Is this something to with an update to the Hub changing some settings?  Seems odd for 3 devices to go down all at once!

0 Kudos
Mati92
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: laptop and mobile cut off

This happened to me aswell since around midnight last night laptop connects to the wifi and phone also but no internet via wifi. Plugged in devices work no problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello @hotpasta

Cheers so much for popping along to our wall - sorry that you've been having some issues with your WiFi at the moment. 

Have you tried rebooting the Hub and also your equipment to see if that helps reconnect? 

Are you still having the issue since your post? You can also download our free Connect App which will allow you to go through some diagnostics and self checks to see if it can identify any issues. 

Pop back if you still need any help. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Evening @Mati92

Welcome to our Community forums and for taking the time to post your first post to our wall - so sorry that some of your devices are having some issues with the WiFi. 

Have you also tried a reboot of the Hub and your equipment to see if that helps with the connection? 

Pop back if you need any more help and we'll do all we can to assist  you.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hotpasta
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie

Of course - we regularly have to reboot.  Seems to be a downside of the Virgin system.

I always try to avoid ringing up as its so tedious and lengthy, but I rang up eventually and they tested my hub, spotted a problem and sent the "fix" to it.  Now back up and running thank you. 

However, several times since then the "no internet" message has flashed up, and been reinstated after a few minutes.  I've had this at work too on a different device.  Sounds like a Virgin problem in our area. 

cheers and thanks

0 Kudos