This is also happening to me, it started a few weeks ago. In my case I can immediately manually reconnect my phones, but the laptop seems to reconnect on its own. The lost connection does not happen on the Desktop machine I suppose because it is hardwired to the router.
Surely all these users cannot be having trouble with their routers, it seems to me to be something more central.
So the problem for me turned out to be due to the 2.4 and 5ghz wireless signals. If you have them both on the same SSID my phone would bring up an auth error when it was last connected to 2.4 and tried connecting again and picked 5ghz. or Vice Versa. The solution ended up being changing the SSID for one of the signals to a different name and connecting to them separately. No more auth problems.
I'm having very similar problems with my Super Hub 2. My Android phone connects then drops out, or says there is an authentication issue, or connects and then doesn't have internet access. I also have trouble with a MacBook, but everything seems to work with an iPhone.
I have tried:
Changing the WPA from Auto to WPA2 PSU (AES)
Scanning for best Wifi channels and then switching to those
The software seems out of date (V1.01.33), but I couldn't find a way to update that.
I just wanted to share some of my experiences with this very same issue.
From before Christmas we have been suffering with these same problems as everyone else here "Authentication Error" when connected to the Wi-Fi.
We tried all the usual 'fixes' such as changing the rebooting the router, changing the wireless channel, performing a hard reset and then finally (before losing the will to live) contacting customer services. The latter was very painful and took multiple calls to get someone to actually listen to what I was saying. More UK call centres please, please, please.
On the final call the agent advised that their checks over the phone had not found any faults with the equipment but that they would agree to send out a replacement superhub with an engineer. This occurred and at the visit the engineer said he found no local issues and installed the new box. Within a day we were experiencing errors again connecting to the wifi. This is across both 2.4 and 5ghz as our mobile phones are on 5ghz and the amazon firestick I believe is on 2.4.
So VM, currently fast getting to the end of my tether with this as I resent strongly paying £100pm for something I don't feel I am getting value for.
What else can we do, because there is clearly an issue outside of the superhub that is preventing us from connecting. My wife uses a Samsung S6 and I am using a Samsung S8+ so both fairly top of the range phone devices.