Menu
PurpleHaz
Joining in
Message 11 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: laptop & android authentication problem

Hi found this via google search, we're having same problem & losing connection mostly min once a day. I tried the above & I device connected (it couldn't yesterday) but other a new tablet still having auth. error. We have tried ringing custoner serv serveral times last time (when totally down) said known prob in area & sent engineer to fix. We also having recordings freeze & miss chunks so worry everytime that programs will be ruined. Seriously thinking of leaving now been probs for too long & it's last thing we need to deal with as health probs in family so not always able to connect you. We also havent had chance to ring to get recredited properly, only partly on last call.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hello PurpleHaz,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your connection, I know it's frustrating.

If you take a look at Sam's reply above, she provides instructions on how to change your wireless channel, does this help at all?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PurpleHaz
Joining in
Message 13 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry for delay not had chance with health probs. Yes been trying that for yrs. Have tried other things in settings too. May you contact me privately please due to health difficulties affecting writing well enough when it comes to long messages (even short lol) also have major probs with tivo recordings & live freezing & youtube opens on its own. We can't face in circumstances calling tech support line & going through all done before etc etc been seriously thinking of leaving as cost isn't worth what we are getting in return. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
PurpleHaz
Joining in
Message 14 of 48
Flag for a moderator

ps (RE PREV REPLY) we just had call from virgin homecare husband answered & didn't realise was extra chargeable service when I heard this at 1st wasnt sure it was virgin & said virgin would charge £50 for call out, I didn't think this was right if fault not our own & said as she called us would waive this charge when come out, I asked for email of details & she also gave web address which helped ease worry a bit husband had to take son the physio so I asked her to call me back my mobile she said in abt 5 mins that was 30 mins ago. I said wanted to check it out before agreeing to it which she agreed but as not yet rung also worried shes signed us up as of course would get commision. Also put us in difficult situation, (last thing I need) pressure selling saying would have to pay £50. Hope you can private message asap please

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hello PurpleHaz,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

Just wanted to let you know that I've sent you a PM, please get back in touch when you can.

Hope you feel better soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
simms1927
Joining in
Message 16 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Found this post via a google search. I am having exactly the same problem as the original post. However, rebooting the router does not always work now. I can confirm that i have followed all of the previous steps with security settings etc that were suggested for solving this problem but none have worked. Please could you help? Thanks very much.
Stephen
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hello there simms1927,

Thanks for posting, good to know that Google lead you here Smiley Very Happy

Sorry about the connection problems you're experiencing. Can you confirm if you've already tried to change your wireless channel? If this doesn't help please let us know.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
simms1927
Joining in
Message 18 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather. Yes i had tried changing the channel and it didn't work. I did a full reset 2 days ago and it has been fine since. I have been wondering though is it possible to have too many devices connected at one time because this problem seemed to be intermittent between different devices. One min they would work and the next they wouldn't. Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi simms1927,

Glad you managed to sort this out. I doubt that the issue was due to too many connected devices though. More likely the Hub just needed a good reset to clear it out. 

If you do have any further issues though please post back so we can be of help.

Take care,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
PurpleHaz
Joining in
Message 20 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi

They changed the hub but ethernet nit working & nintendo ds's not connecting think they did at 1st then after reset wouldn't.

Can do this on private. As have been since this but will put this here for others to know.

Thanks
0 Kudos